The following refers to buying a Gift Card (Voucher) on UK Amazon, though the process is probably similar on other Amazon sites.
Start by signing into UK Amazon. If you have an account on US Amazon (amazon.com) or another Amazon, you can still sign in to UK Amazon with your existing username and password.
Like most busy sites, Amazon periodically changes the layout of its pages and the captions. The following instructions were correct at the time of writing and, even if there have been changes since then, should be able to guide you through the process. If not, please let me know!
- Sign in to http://www.amazon.co.uk/
- Click Gift Cards at the top of the screen
- Under Send a Gift Card now click Email
- Click on any of the specimen cards shown, e.g. the first one
- Go down to section 3 and
- Insert amount (if necessary, you can click Other amount in the drop down window and then insert the required amount manually)
- Enter the recipient’s email address
- Enter your name
- Enter any suitable message
- Make sure Quantity is set to 1
- Make sure Delivery Date is set to now
- Click Purchase
- Insert your password and complete the transaction
It is not necessary to know anything about the recipient’s Amazon account. Just make sure the receipient’s email address is entered correctly.