(For the context of this post, see this and previous posts.)
I didn’t mention it in the previous posts but this afternoon, while I was at home alone, the landline phone (which we normally never use and only have for our broadband connection) rang briefly. Intrigued, I went to look and, on trying it, found that the phone could neither make or receive calls. This suggested to me that someone somewhere was working on our phone line.
When we returned from our pizza supper, I tried the phone again and found it working perfectly. I then checked the router but it was still showing a red light and my iPhone was still reporting “No Internet Connection”.
We had just settled down for the evening when my mobile rang. It was someone at Zen. He told me that (as I had guessed) an engineer had performed the necessary work at the exchange and that our Internet connection should now be working. I pointed out that the router was showing a red light but I fired up the PC to try the connection. I was not surprised when it didn’t work.
Now followed a session of going through the router’s settings and checking what the lights were doing at various points. I had done this so often on Tuesday and had all the usernames and passwords written down on my notebook that the work proceeded easily and quickly. The first attempt ended in failure but a second attempt, plus pressing a particular button in the router at the right moment followed and… bingo! We have lift-off!
Yes, our Internet connection is working again. This evening, we were able to “stream” a video using the connection and without resorting to hotspotting from our mobiles. This post also comes to you via that Internet connection.
As you might have read in my previous posts, I was not expecting the problem to be solved so soon but I am happy to be proved wrong.