Around mid-morning today, Tigger received news that her father was gravely ill in hospital. She phoned me and I went to meet her and her sister who drove us all down to Margate.
We found Tigger’s dad unconscious and in a parlous condition. His situation was described as stable but seriously ill. The future looks bleak.
Tigger’s mother and brother were also at the hospital. As the patient’s condition was stable (for now, at least), the London contingent decided to return home and to phone the hospital early tomorrow to see whether we should go down again.
It seems that all we can do is prepare ourselves for the inevitable, the only uncertainty being how long this will take to arrive.